Did you have tasted the delicious chicken makhni handi at a restaurant or at any friend or family house? And now you are craving it but do not want to leave your home? Or you want to impress your loved ones with the making of this splendid creamy dish but you have no clue what are the ingredients and how to make it?
Then, rest assured and do not fret. In this article, we are sharing the most wanted and most awaited chicken makhni handi recipe. You will know all the required ingredients, methods of cooking, and tips and tricks for making a delicious and yummy chicken makhni handi.
What is Makhni Handi?
Who on earth does not have a craving for a soft creamy silky food dish? Desi food lovers from all around the world especially people from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh know the yummilicious taste of soft and silky foods.
They crave a variety of buttery food dishes like malai boti, creamy tikka, butter chicken, and also a few other curry items.
One of those creamy curry dishes is chicken makhni handi. Some people might confuse makhni handi with butter chicken (and even white karahi or white handi).
What is Chicken Makhni Handi?
But remember, makhni handi and butter chicken are two different dishes, from ingredients to making, from serving to taste, nothing is the same. Except for the fact that the word ‘makhni’ is an Urdu word that means ‘buttery or anything made in butter’ in English. As the word ‘makhan’ means butter in Urdu.
So, chicken makhni handi is a different dish that is made in butter in addition to other Pakistani and Indian spices. It has a very soft, creamy, less-spicy, more buttery taste and it is eaten with Roghani naan, plain naan, or Garlic naan, and even with simple chapati.
Chicken makhni handi can be made using boneless and with-bone chicken, but I prefer boneless chicken makhni handi and would suggest the same as well. Chicken boneless is slightly expensive compared to chicken with bones, but it is worth the money.
How to make Chicken Makhni Handi?
I know you just want to cut the chit-chat and indulge in the making process of makhni handi. Here, you will be informed all about the ingredients needed, the tools that are used, and how to cook it.
Equipment or tools required
To make the chicken makhni handi, first of all, you need a handi, made of clay or you can also use any simple alloy handi. I prefer to cook in the matti ki handi (handi made from clay).
Before the direction part, let us gather all the ingredients required for this appetizing recipe.
how to Prepare Before Cooking?
30 – 40 Mins
Simple Method -Step-By-Step
Chicken preparation before Cooking
Chicken Makhni Handi in Making:
How to serve chicken makhni handi?
Your Chicken Makhani Handi is now ready to be served. Garnish with ginger julienne, green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, and an extra 2 tbsp of butter.
Enjoy this delightful dish with some naan, garlic naan, roghni naan, or afghani naan.
chicken makhni handi recipe
Chicken Makhni Handi
- 1 Handi Made of Clay, Alloy, Steel or Iron
Ingredients For Chicken Marination:
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken
- 1 cup Yogurt slightly beaten
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder 1 ts
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice 4
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For Making Chicken Gravy (Saalan):
- 6 tbsp Butter 6
- 4 tsp Butter for garnish
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Onion Paste of 2 large-size of onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 8 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnish
- 8 pcs Green Chilies for garnish
- Ginger Julienne for garnish
- Combine boneless chicken with yogurt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and marinate for 60 minutes.
Chicken Makhni Handi Cooking:
- In a pan, heat oil and saute onion paste and ginger-garlic paste until they achieve a light golden color.
- Now add the marinated chicken, along with tomato paste, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, and salt.
- Keep on stirring, cover and cook until you see the chicken is completely ready.
- If you see the gravy is too thick, you can add some water to adjust the thickness.
- Once cooked, add cream, stir, and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Top it with butter, cover, and simmer for an additional minute.
- Your Chicken Makhani Handi is now ready to be served. Garnish with ginger julienne, green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, and an extra 2 tbsp of butter.
- Enjoy this delightful dish with some naan, garlic naan, roghni naan, or afghani naan.
chicken makhni handi Calories
Chicken Makhni Handi is a very rich, creamy, and buttery dish. A serving size of 150 grams may have approximately 264 kcal.
The article is all about the delicious chicken makhni handi recipe. We have shared what type of dish is chicken makhni handi and what types of tools are required to make this splendid main course dish. Additionally, we also shared ingredients for marinating the chicken and also for the cooking.
Lastly, the process of marination, cooking, and serving was shared. I hope you like the recipe. You will also find the chicken makhni jandi recipe in Urdu (چکن مکھنی ہانڈی) on our website. You can watch the chicken makhni handi recipe video on YouTube to make this process easier.